Their camouflage is just perfect.
Bet you won’t taste it!
Although it’s the main ingredient… On the other hand, flour, eggs and butter are completely omitted, so the super delicious bean-brownies* are also gluten-free and vegan, and luscious „fudgy“ inside.
Ingredients for a small baking tin (20 x 13 cm)
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1,5 cups dried, soft dates
- 60 g unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 50 g dark chocolate (85%)
- and very important: a powerful blender
Tip: If you like it sweeter, just add more dates or some rice-/ maple syrup. Feel free to add also nuts or dried fruits.
1. Let the beans soak overnight. Cook in fresh water until soft, it takes around one hour (in a pressure cooker just around 30 minutes). Strain and allow to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 100° Celsius.
3. Mix all ingredients – apart from the dark chocolate – with the blender until fine and firm. If the dough is too dry, add 1-2 tbsp water. The mixing will take a bit of time. Actually the more powerful the blender is, the easier it will be. The dough is to have a solid consistency at the end.
4. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces, and fold into the dough.
5. Line the baking tin with parchment. Dust it with a bit of cacao powder before spreading in the batter.
6. Bake in the oven for about 90 minutes.
7. Let the brownies cool completely before slicing into small squares, so the „fudgy“ remains.
* Thank you, Zwetana, for the inspiration!